Friday, March 30, 2012

Bucket List

My dad is going to a Nascar Race this weekend.
"Why?" I asked.
"It's on my bucket list," he replied with an implied "duh."


Nascar, really? Seriously?  I never in a million years would have guessed that would be on my father's bucket list.  But who am I to judge someone's list?


MY BUCKET LIST
Learn to speak French.  
Go to Paris. 
Go to Montreal.  
Run the New York City Marathon. 
Own a mini Cooper. 
Be in the live studio audience of The Daily Show
Shake hands with a Democratic President.  
Go to the Kentucky Derby with a gigantic hat.
Dye my hair pink. 
Go on a weekend getaway with my husband to Carmel, CA.
See Dolly Parton in concert.
Get a nose ring.  
Learn to play the piano. 
Take a ski trip to Banff, Canada.  
Wear a total sequins evening gown (out of the store).  
Make a seven-course meal.  
Be a back up singer on stage. 
Ice skate at Rockefeller Center at Christmas time.  
Go to a Cubs game in Chicago.
Run the 5-K in New York on New Year's Eve.
Publish something.
Be an extra in a movie.
Learn to sew.
DJ a party (David Guetta style).
Run the bases in a major league baseball stadium. 
Play the bongos. 
Meet Oprah.
Lay on a beach in the Bahamas.
Go to the Oscars.
Rent/buy an RV and drive cross country (from hotel to hotel).


Some of you may be judging my list and that's okay, I get it.  We all have to find our own joy.  Here's a clip from the movie The Bucket List, which I didn't see, but damn it's a good clip. Morgan Freeman is narrating, doesn't get much better than that.




Now that I've made my bucket list, I feel compelled to go out and make it happen.  And now I feel tired and disappointed.  Uh-oh, so not the point of this exercise.  While I dream about France and Dolly Parton and feel like a total failure, here are a few things I know for sure (this week):


Yes, I am a year behind, but I just watched Bad Teacher and I LOVED it.  So f-ing funny.  You must watch.




I have never and will never chew up my food and feed it to my child mouth to mouth, Alicia Silerstone style. Gross. (There I go with the judgement, but whatever on that one.)


There are rumors that Ann is out as co-anchor at Today and I feel guilty because I agree, Savannah Guthrie is better. 


I heart Julia, no not Roberts, Sugarbaker. Yup, from Designing Women.  Julia Sugarbaker said some awesome stuff back in the late eighties, early nineties that is still spot on today.  Here's her take on separation of church and state. Preach it Julia.  LOVE IT.


Over 20 years ago, I wanted to be Madonna when I grew up and I still do. MDNA is good, especially track #7.  Yes, some critics have compared her to a granny dancing on stage.  I just happen to be of the age where I find that inspiring.


I know that I am so grateful for readers of this here wee little blog that keep coming back and keep reading.  I appreciate it so much.  If you feel like sharing the love, spread the word by sharing the Facebook page (click here). And if you haven't already you can subscribe to the blog via email (click here) and/or follow me on Twitter (@AngelaYBlood).


And of course I know I love Tina Fey/Liz Lemon.  Here's a clip of how she too was inspired by Julia Sugarbaker from Designing Women.  She also is crying just like I was last night saying "I'm so tired."  So sad funny!




No comments:

Post a Comment