Friday, January 27, 2012

It's So Not The Worst

I feel like a kid and summer break starts tomorrow.  Or like I am going on a super fun vacation and I have no idea what to expect.  

It has been so long since I felt this light.  Is this what happy feels like?  I kid, I kid.  Of course I know what happy feels like.  However hope and excitement about a new adventure, that feeling has eluded me for quite some time.  But now, it's here.  
I'm lighter.  I'm excited.  I'm grateful.


You know I love the Muppets and this song is one of the best.  I feel like singing it and dancing down the street....Life's a happy song, with someone by your side to sing along...

It's moving day!


When I first broke the news to the world that Tim and I suck at managing our money and that we were looking to short sale our house, we were met with a few people that thought we were crazy.  First for telling everyone about it and second for being excited and happy about a short sale.  

"You could lose your home if this short sale doesn't work out.  You could foreclose," a concerned friend told me gravely.  

"I know, that would suck," I told my friend.  And it would.  But honest to god, it's not the worst.

The worst is knowing a friend that gets a hopeless diagnosis at the doctor and watching them suffer.

The worst is fighting with your spouse over money and divorcing, breaking up the family and f*#&ing up the kids.

The worst is  when you're a kid, having your really cool friend over for a sleepover and finding your mother passed out on the floor because she drank too much.

The worst is having your crazy drug addicted mother break her neck on Thanksgiving.

I've seen and lived some of the worst scenarios. And I'm protecting myself as much as I can from the others. And I realize there are so many other worse worst cases people are suffering through.

A house?  It's so not what it's about.


This video I made this past fall sums it up nicely.  
Home is whenever I'm with you.


It's about love.  It's about paying attention.  It's about living.

It's a Whitney kind of week here on my wee little blog.  This song says it all, like only Whitney can. So good.


What the what!!!!  If that all got too heavy for you, check this clip out.  There's a lot of sh*t people say videos out there, but the best is by the fabulous Liz Lemon.  Because even if I was homeless, I would find this sh*t funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment